At John Jacob Tax Accountants, your returns are prepared and reviewed by a registered tax agent and qualified accountant. We consider every aspect of Australian taxation law to maximize your tax refund and minimise your tax payable from the information provided. We offer great Business Packages for Small Business & Sole Trader clients. This includes all the Business Activity Statements (BAS) preparation and lodgement and the Year End Business Tax Return.
To claim a work-related deduction:
- you must have spent the money yourself and weren’t reimbursed
- it must be related to your job
- you must have a record to prove it (there are some limited exceptions)
If the expense was for both work and private purposes, you can only claim a deduction for the work-related portion.
Follow the links below for specific deductions you can claim:
- vehicle and travel expenses, including travel between work and home
- clothing, laundry and dry-cleaning expenses
- gifts and donations
- home office expenses
- interest, dividend and other investment income deductions
- self-education expenses
- tools, equipment and other equipment
- other deductions
For further Information contact: [email protected] or follow our Facebook page below for news and updates.
Follow our Facebook page
Like, comment and share our posts with friends and family!
Get In Touch!
December 2016 Business Activity Statement (BAS) Due by the 28th February 2017. The business activity statement (BAS) is a pre-printed document issued by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) on either a monthly or quarterly basis. It’s used to summarise the...
The last day to lodge a tax return on time is 31 October. Waiting past the 31 October tax return deadline could translate to paying late penalties. Depending on your tax history, you may be granted an extension which will allow you to lodge after...